Monday, May 26, 2014

The Wave... of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort - Breakfast

We (myself, Lisa - the boss, and Kerrigan - her daughter) recently had the opportunity to try the breakfast buffet at The Wave... of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort.


Overall I was fairly happy with the offerings, though I'm not usually one to turn down/put down a breakfast buffet. ;)


There were a few slight service issues, which we think were attributed to the fact that our server seemed new.

First the not so great stuff -

Our server took several minutes to greet us a get our drink orders, saying that he didn't know we were there (even though I made eye contact with him 3 times prior to him coming to our table.)

We picked up our plates at the cold end of the buffet and the first thing that struck me was that the plates were HOT. My butter was melted by the time I got back to our table. When I went back up for the hot items, those plates were cold.

Instead of bringing out a new dish of food, they would take the old one (sometimes over 1/2 full yet) to the back and bring it out refilled.)















Now the awesome stuff -

Huge variety of fresh food, served at the correct temperature. They were constantly taking and refilling stuff.

Cottage cheese! Love seeing cottage cheese on breakfast buffets.

Everything tasted great. I'd probably still be sitting there if it was available 24/7. LOL

Strong drinks. I had the pomegranate splash and it was really tasty.

Comfortable seating (both in the waiting area and in the restaurant itself.)

Great price: Children $10.99
                   Adults    $19.99


Despite the issues, I will definitely be back. Lisa and Kerrigan both enjoyed themselves too.

~jay

No comments:

Post a Comment