Sunday, June 29, 2014

5 Things I Leared While Attending the Rock Your Disney Side Event


Sunrise at the Magic Kingdom








 








1.     Don't assume you're the only Disney fanatic.  Leave your resort earlier than an hour before park opening.  Many other fanatics want to see the opening of the Magic Kingdom for the 24 hour event.  Who knew there were so many Disney crazies? 





My very unfortunate viewing spot for the opening of the Rock Your Disney Side 24 Hour event.







2.     Make sure you plan at least one table service meal during your 24 hours of magic.  In fact, I would plan two if I were to do this again in the future.  The lunch we had at Tony's Town Square Restaurant was probably the smartest thing we did during the 24 hour event.




My fellow partners in crime, Jay and Muggsie, enjoying our delicious and relaxing lunch while we soaked in the cool air and had many hydrating drinks. 






3.   Don't hold off getting your Starbucks recharging coffee until 11:00 p.m.  Apparently, this is the time that all theme park guests become tired and need a jolt of caffeine.  Between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. the line for Starbucks busted out of the front door and down main street-nearly to the Main Street Confectioner's Shop.  Although, several hours later I was able to enjoy my beverage and a delicious cupcake! 


4.      No matter how adorable you think you'll look, don't change into your flannel pajamas at sunset.  It's Florida.  It's hot.  Yes, I did it.  I thought it might cool down once the sun set. Yes, as a Midwesterner I always underestimate the heat of Florida.  The end of May in Florida is too hot for flannel even if the sun is setting.  Lesson learned.  


Sunset in the Magic Kingdom



  5.     Take a break.  While I can now say I was in the Magic Kingdom for 24 hours straight, I honestly cannot remember a few hours of the early morning.  Had I stopped and taken a midday break I probably would have had more stamina and enjoyed the early morning hours more.
     Yes, I learned several lessons during the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event in the Magic Kingdom.  Most importantly, I learned that I am a Disneyphile through and through.  I look forward to doing an event like this again in the future. 

Passing out in the Magic Kingdom.  My "Disney Side" had been rocked!





Written by:  Michelle Tolliver (a certified Disneyphile)
Travel agent with Snapshot Getaways
Contact me at Michelle@snapshotgetaways.com or my Facebook page, Travel Momma
Loud mouthed Diva with the Grim Grinning Gays and Friends Podcast

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! You have a great sense of humor in your writing style. ;) As a midwesterner myself, I probably would have guessed it would have been cooler in the middle of the night too. Cute jammies, though! LOL

    ReplyDelete