Monday, February 15, 2016

Disney's Planes Party Ideas

Love the movie Planes in my house and here are a few simple ideas for throwing a themed party.

Menu
Baked Propellers (mini ziti) and Cheese
Spinach and Artichoke Cropduster Dip
El Chubacabra in a Blanket (Hot Dogs)
Ripslinger Pizza
Snack Size Chips and Pretzels
Juices and Soft Drinks in Small Clear Cups
Decorations and Favors
I used a lot of my son's toys to decorate the table and food area.  I also used my Disney Movie Rewards to download some free posters.  Then printed at home!  Hung some paper airplanes from the ceiling and we were ready for takeoff!   
For the Favors we did a Baggage Claim Area.  Purchased a few lunch boxes from a local discount store and filled with crayons shaped line planes, coloring books and a paper airplane.  I was able to get those from a online Party Store.


Cupcakes
These were a combination of several online ideas merged into one cupcake.  
You will need:
Cupcakes with Blue Icing, piped high
Light Blue M&M's
Eye Candy
Oreos
Orange Candy Melts
Edible Paper or Black Licorice

1.  Order Cupcakes from Bakery (yes I cheated, don't tell Pinterest)
2.  Cut edible paper into Propeller shapes or use Black Licorice
3.  Dip Oreo with fork in melted colored chocolate and shake until 
smooth, place on wax paper
4.  Place Eyes, Nose and Propellers 
5.  Once hardened, place Oreo topper on cupcake
Mickey Mom Tip:  I did the same thing with marshmallows on a stick.  Same orange melt and decorations and placed them on piece of foam covered in maps.  These I brought these to my son's school because of so many gluten and other food allergies and they were a big hit.  Such a hit, that I didn't get a picture!

Maria aka Mickey Mom is a mom to two boys who loves throwing birthday parties!  Visit her Facebook Page







No comments:

Post a Comment