Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Do I need a Disney Visa Rewards Card?




If you are anything like me the answer is a resounding NO! In fact I don’t need any more credit cards!   That doesn’t stop every credit card company on earth from sending me a pre-approved credit application once a week.  Even Disney Rewards Visa was relentless. The photo of Mickey on the card, designed to draw any Disney Addict in.  Oh wait, I can choose from multiple designs?  I can even pick a Tinkerbell card!  Nope, don’t need it.  They can’t make me, I’ve paid off all my cards.  I will not repeat the mistakes of my early 20’s.

I remained firm for a year.  Shredding every application that came.  Mickey’s smiling face cut into a thousand pieces.  UNTIL…What?  A $50 statement credit if I sign up?  How did they know I had a trip planned in 3 months?   That will come in handy for sure.  I will use it towards my trip.  That did it, I was done.  Now I had to open the envelope and see what was involved.  Within a few minutes I had my card design picked out (Where Dreams Come True) and the card was on its way.

Why did I give in?  The Disney Rewards Visa has great perks and no annual fee.  Here’s the scoop:
  • $50 Statement Credit – Earn a $50 Disney statement credit when you first use your credit card upon account approval. Consider it you’re welcome gift, available exclusively with the Disney Rewards Visa Card. *Chase Offer as of press time, this offer may vary.
  • 0% Introductory APR – Pay no interest with a special 0% Introductory APR that lasts 6 months on select Disney vacation packages. A variable APR will apply thereafter.
  • Disney Parks Vacation Promotions-Available first to Disney Visa Rewards Cardholders.  Get first pick of availability for upcoming promotions at the resorts.
  • Earn Rewards Everyday – Earn rewards on your everyday purchases by receiving 1%. You can redeem toward Disney goodies such as DVDs and toys. Or, you can embark on your Disney trip, and enjoy redeeming for Theme Park tickets, resort stays and much more.
  • Save on merchandise – With the Disney Rewards Visa Card, you can enjoy additional savings with a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disney Store locations or at the Disney Store online.  This includes 10% discounts at select Disney Parks restaurants and 15% discounts on select Disney Parks Tours and Events.
  • More Card Perks – At both Disneyland and Disney World, say hello to Mickey Mouse with Disney Theme Park Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private card member location. You can also select from 8 fun card designs to personalize your Disney Rewards Visa® Card, plus enjoy no annual fee.
  • Disney Cruise Line On Board Credit-You must ask for this when making your reservation, but your credit can be applied towards non alcoholic beverages.
What did I do?
First I made a initial purchase in order to receive the Disney Gift Card.
I then credited the money toward my balance due on my upcoming trip.  You could always save for some guilt free shopping at home or at the parks. I used my Disney Visa to pay for the trip.   Please note, I paid off the card at the first statement to avoid interest.  Then as my trip neared I applied online for my Rewards Gift Card.  Which I turned around and spent on souvenirs at Disney World.

Disney Devoted Disclaimer:  I don’t work for Visa.  I don’t get anything if I’ve convinced you to get a Disney Visa.  Just because the voice in my head told me to get one, it doesn’t mean you should.  If you are in financial trouble, do not get another credit card.  Do not buy a ton of stuff just to get Disney Rewards.  Do not blame me if you overspend.  Blame Disney Merchandising.

P.S. – Chase also offers a  Disney’s Premier Visa Card which gives you 2% in reward dollars on certain card purchases, and a $100 statement credit!

Mickey Mom aka Maria is mom to two boys and loves the photo meet and greet she gets with her Disney Visa Reward card!  Contact her for help with your upcoming vacations at maria@snapshotgetaways.com or her Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment