Monday, September 15, 2014

Five Ways to Get Your Disney Fix at Home



Are you like me?  Do you start going through withdrawal a few months after that last Disney trip?  What to do? I am a lover of all things Disney.  My first trip to Disney World was as an adult with my husband.  All subsequent trips have included my children.  I love the family time we spend there!  If I could I would live in Cinderella’s Castle and stroll up and down Main Street USA on a daily basis.  But since I don’t have the means to do that, here are a few things I do to keep the Disney Crazy at bay.  Some of these I’ve only “heard” from other people and have never tried myself of course.  Don’t judge, cause I know there are more of you out there worse off than I!


  1. Book an imaginary trip to Disney.  Admit it, you've done this too!  You price your hotel, pick a dining plan and maybe even look into some dining reservations.  Then you realize Disney does not accept Monopoly money and you close out your computer.  Or maybe you sit and think, “Wow, that’s not a bad deal” and you convince your family that you MUST go back to Disney even though you said you would wait 2 years.  You only need REAL help if you order, and WATCH the planning DVD with no plans to go to Disney.  If that happens contact us at Snapshot Getaways and we'll fix you right up!
  2. Go to the Disney Store.  This is a small help if you are just having “one of those days”.  The smell, the music, the twinkling floor tiles.  Not sure what it is, but I feel better afterward.  I watch the vintage Mickey shorts on the TV, sniff the Disney air fresheners, talk myself out of another Mickey Mouse coffee cup.  The usual.  Or so I hear.
  3. Immerse yourself in Disney.  Have your Travel Mugs from the Dining Plan?  Drink out of them and close your eyes and pretend you are at your resort.  Not working?  Got your Mickey PJ’s on and have a Disney Film Festival on a Saturday morning.  I hope if you are a true Disney fan, your iPod holds some Disney Music.  Turn it on and get your day going!  Don't forget the Magic Bands.
  4. Cook like Disney.  OK, I’ve really never done this.  However there are recipes there for Tonga Toast and Dole Whip Floats.  If you don’t already have a Mickey Waffle Maker...trying not to judge, but why?  Whip up some Disney Magic in your kitchen for breakfast!
  5. Get Crafty!  Craft stores and Department stores have Disney Craft kits galore!  Pick up a few and sit down with the kids for some family fun.  Is it the same as riding Splash Mountain?  Nope, but maybe you can get enough of a Disney fix to keep you going.
Sadly, none of these will permanently keep away the wish to go to Disney World every few months.  Unfortunately, my kids do need to go to college, to eat, and they insist on needing bigger clothes.  These are my crazy, fun ways to get my Disney fix.  What are yours?  Please share…I need more ideas before I get out the Disney Visa!

Maria is a travel planner for Snapshot Getaways and one of her personal "fixes" is to help others plan their Disney trips.  Contact her at maria@snapshotgetaways.com or visit her Facebook page if you need help with your Disney Addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment