Thursday, November 27, 2014

Why We Are Thankful For Disney

Thanksgiving Day is a time to take a second, look around, reflect and be thankful. We are all thankful for many things like our families, our health, jobs and so on. The Disney Devoted team wanted to take a second and say why we are thankful for Disney.





Lisa
I am thankful for Disney because it keeps real magic alive in this world. Only at Disney, do I get to see my 13 year old turn back into the same little girl who first looked down Main Street with wide eyes and exclaimed, "Look mom! It's Cinderella's castle!!"  For me, that is real magic. And whether I am home remembering our trips, or at the Disney and immersed in the magic, the magic is always with me and with my family. That is the gift Walt Disney gave to the world, and I will always be so very thankful for it. 

Maria
I am thankful for Disney because it has become a way of life for our family.  Having grown up on Disney Classics, I loved introducing my sons to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Robin Hood and Cinderella.  Disney keeps all of us on our toes with new movies like Toy Story, Cars and Planes. Then when our oldest was just 2 we rediscovered going to Disney as a family.  There is pure joy on your child's face as they meet the people and worlds of their dreams.  Truly a magical experience for us as parents.  It's hard not to be Thankful for a place that makes wishes come true!

Michelle
 Disney makes my heart happy.  I am thankful for the many memories I have created with my family and friends through the years.  I am thankful for the fact that I can escape my everyday life and journey into the movies and books I have loved since childhood.  Entering Disney World property makes my heart soar and I am thankful for my "happy" Disney World bubble which I refuse to leave once I am on property.  Disney is a language of its own in our home.  I am thankful for this as well.  The movies, characters, lessons and music are a constant thread that run through our daily lives.   Disney rocks! 
 
Dulcie
I am thankful for Disney because it has given me so many lasting memories over the years. My first trip was at the age of 2 and I've since enjoyed so many special trips with my own little family of 3. I am also thankful that I've been able to help other families plan magical trips with their own families by being a travel planner.I have made a lot of new friends a long the way. Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.


Amanda
 I am thankful for Disney because of all the memories it has given me with my boys. I do have an outside job away from the home, so all the time I can get with my boys is precious. Disney allows me to take a week or many to disconnect from everything outside the bubble and just be with them. Laughter and the smiles can never have a price tag and these memories keep my heart warm forever.

Frankie
I am thankful for Disney because of the people it has enabled me to meet.  Some of these people have become close friends, and I'm still meeting more.  Growing up in Florida, Disney was always a part of our lives.  There have been many changes to WDW since I was a child, but it's always fun to see what's just around the corner for the parks.  As someone without children, I can honestly say that we have just as much fun as parents with children at Disney.  It's the one place where we "big kids" can have as much fun as the "little kids".  Finally, I'm thankful for the opportunity to help others plan for their trips to Disney, where I'm sure they'll make many happy memories.

Hope
I am thankful for Disney because it extends childhood, if only for a few days. When I'm at Disney I'm able to let go and have fun in a way that I just can't anywhere else. But more importantly I see my teenagers doing the same. Whether they're getting a hug from their favorite character, racing to their favorite ride, indulging in a sweet treat, or skipping down Main Street without hesitation it's a real thrill as a mom to see them let go and remember childlike wonder. 

Gina
I'm thankful that Disney is here for my daughter, as it was for me when I was growing up. From the time she could say her first words she had been in love with Mickey Mouse (as she calls him, "Mee Mow"). We recently too her for her first time to Disney World, and the magic I saw through her eyes was breathtaking. She was a year and a half while we were there, and it will probably never be a real or as magical for her as it was then. Our first stop on our first day was the Harmony Barbershop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom to get on the waiting list for her first haircut. While we were waiting the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party parade went by and she nearly lost her mind with excitement when she saw Mickey and all his friends. I knew she was going to love seeing him, but I was not prepared for the lump in my throat that suddenly appeared. We decided to try our hand at meeting the talking Mickey Mouse at the The Town Square Theater. We knew she would love seeing Mickey at a distance, but we were fairly certain she would be terrified of him up close. We could not have been more wrong. As soon as we entered the theater and she saw Mickey she started trying to launch herself out of our arms, she raised her hands up and kept repeating, "uppy uppy". She wanted Mickey to hold her (he's not able to hold children, fyi). That lump appeared in my throat again! Some people may wonder if it is worth it to take a toddler to Disney since they won't remember the trip, and I say it it absolutely worth it. Even though she won't remember the trip, the experience has affected her profoundly, and I'm certain she will carry it with her in some way as she grows up

From our Disney Devoted family to yours: Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment